Fonds - Greater St. Albert Catholic schools fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Greater St. Albert Catholic schools fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1935 - 1989, 2014 (Creation)
    Creator
    Greater St. Albert Catholic schools

Physical description area

Physical description

8 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1995)

Administrative history

The Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns) arrived in St. Albert from Lac Ste. Anne in 1863 and construction of a small convent that served as schoolhouse and hospital when needed was completed in 1864. St. Albert Roman Catholic Public District No. 3 was formed in 1885, and was later known as St. Albert Catholic School District No. 3. In 1995, the Greater St. Albert Catholic Regional Division No. 29 was formed with the amalgamation of three formerly independent school jurisdictions of St. Albert, Morinville, and Legal. On July 1, 2012, legislation came into effect which changed Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools status from "public" to "separate", and resulted in a legal name change to Greater St. Albert Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 734. Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools services the communities of St. Albert, Morinville and Legal as well as the districts of Cardiff, Cunningham and Guilbault.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of records pertaining to the Greater St. Albert Catholic schools and the Greater St. Albert Catholic school board.

Notes area

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Status

Level of detail

Language of description

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres