Série organique - Handicraft convention

Titre propre

Handicraft convention

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel
  • Objet

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: Title provided

Niveau de description

Série organique

Cote

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Date(s)

  • 2002-2004 (Production)
    Producteur
    St. Albert Women's Institute
    Lieu
    St. Albert

Description matérielle

Series contains 0.2 cm of textual records and 2 trophies

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Nom du producteur

(1946-2004)

Histoire administrative

The St. Albert Women's Institute was a branch of the Alberta Women's Institute. The Alberta Women's Institute was originally organized by private citizens in 1909, and established as a body within the Department of Agriculture in 1916. The institute was designed to improve social conditions in rural and other communities by studying home economics and child welfare. The Women's Institute is a non-political, non-sectarian, and non-racial organization. It is open to rural and town women over the age of sixteen.

The interest in forming a local chapter of the Women's Institute formed after the end of World War II. The women who had worked together in the local Red Cross sought another organization in which they could serve the community. The St. Albert branch of the Women's Institute was organized on 29 October 1946 at a meeting held in the St. Albert Community Hall. The local chapter was started by Mrs. Morton who at the time was the provincial president and the St. Albert chapter's first president was Susie Atkinson.

The group was responsible for many activities in the area including founding the St. Albert library, founding the first local scholarship, organizing the first blood donor clinic in 1947, and helping with medical services in St. Albert and Sturgeon County. They also regularly arranged flower shows and community fairs, distributed Christmas hampers, set up fitness classes for women, and provided landscaping services for public areas.

The St. Albert branch continued its activities until the membership, which by then only numbered eight, voted to disband on 2 December 2004.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Series contains scoring sheets and trophies from the Alberta Women's Institute Handicraft Conventions.

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

2010.16

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés