Print preview Close

Showing 7922 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

3728 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Vehicles of the 1st Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade moving to the Rockcliffe Ranges, Ottawa.

This photograph depicts six vehicles of the 1st Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade moving to the Rockcliffe Ranges, Ottawa, for inspection by the Governor General. All variants of the 20 trucks purchased from the Auto Car Company of Ardmore, Pennsylvania, can be seen.

Left to right: Donated ambulance, mobile workshop, fuel lorry, utility vehicle, armoured autocar, and a liaison/staff car.

This photograph was taken by the Surveyor General's Office in Ottawa.

Armoured vehicle from 1st Automobile Machine Gun Brigade

This photograph depicts an armoured vehicle from the 1st Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, which was commanded by Brutinel. The vehicle is manned by two drivers in the front and four gunners in the back with the Colt "Potato Digger" machine guns.

All eight armoured autocars are visible, along with other vehicles of the brigade. This photograph was taken by the Surveyor General's Office at the Rockcliffe Ranges near Ottawa.

General Worthington drives the last armoured autocar past Centurion tanks, 1956

This photograph depicts the armoured vehicle designed by Brutinel in 1914 driving alongside a 1956 tank. General F.F. Worthington is driving the armoured vehicle. A caption reads "Quarante-deux ans se sont ecoules entre le char blinde Canadien de Brutinel de 1914 et le char d'assaut de 1956" (Forty-two years have elapsed between the Canadian armoured tank of Brutinel of 1914 and the tank of 1956.)

Results 1 to 10 of 7922