Showing 94 resultsArchival description
- CA MHM 2014.22.02
- 11 Nov. 1919
This photograph depicts Brutinel in military uniform seated with four members of his Machine Gun Brigade standing behind him. From left to right: Captain J.K. Lawson, Major J.D. Foster, Captain M.R. Lever (Marshall), and Lieutenant P.M. Hume. An inscription on the photograph reads "G.O.C. Canadian Machine Gun and Staff--11th Nov"
- CA MHM 2014.22.05
- ca. 1919
This photograph depicts the commemoration plaques in the Chateau Laurier, Ottawa. On the top of the plaque, there is a circular relief of Brutinel and a relief showing Canadian machine guns on Vimy Ridge. The plaque commemorates the Canadian Machine Gun Corps commanded by Brigadier-General R. Brutinel, C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O., and the memory of the members of the Canadian Machine Gun Corps who died on active service and in honour of those who served 1914-1919. A smaller plaque underneath reads "In the Chateau Laurier, the Canadian Machine Gun Corps had its beginning--Here in August 1914, Major Raymond Brutinel enrolled the first recruits for the Corps."
- CA MHM 2014.22.06
This photograph depicts the armoured vehicle designed by Brutinel in 1914 driving alongside a 1956 tank. General F.F. Worthington is driving the armoured vehicle. A caption reads "Quarante-deux ans se sont ecoules entre le char blinde Canadien de Brutinel de 1914 et le char d'assaut de 1956" (Forty-two years have elapsed between the Canadian armoured tank of Brutinel of 1914 and the tank of 1956.)
- CA MHM 2014.22.07
- 23 Sept. 1914
This photograph depicts six vehicles of the 1st Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade moving to the Rockcliffe Ranges, Ottawa, for inspection by the Governor General. All variants of the 20 trucks purchased from the Auto Car Company of Ardmore, Pennsylvania, can be seen. Right to left: officers' liaison vehicle, "Auto Car" armoured car, couple of general transport vehicles, shop van, and ambulance. This photograph was taken by the Surveyor General's Office in Ottawa.
- CA MHM 2014.22.09
- [1914 - 1919]
This photograph depicts an armoured vehicle from the 1st Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, which was commanded by Brutinel. The vehicle is manned by two drivers in the front and four gunners in the back. Several different vehicles are parked in the background. This photograph was taken by the Surveyor General's Office in Ottawa.