Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
- Sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1964 - 2000 (Creation)
- Kinsmen Club of St. Albert
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Kinsmen Club of St. Albert was chartered May 4, 1964 with Michael Page elected Charter President. The initial formation was under the guidance of the sponsoring Edmonton Kinsmen Club. It chartered with a total of 33 members.
- Service and fundraising projects include the minor hockey club, Kincinema, Tot-Lot playground equipment, fundraising for cystic fibrosis, Blood Donor Clinic, Skate-a-thon, Peanut Nite.
- Built Kinsmen/RCMP Centennial Centre in Lacombe Park, KinEx Arena in Akinsdale, Kinsmen Korral Sports Park and Rodeo Grounds.
- Established Kin national project: Shining Light Child Abuse Prevention Program.
St. Albert Kinsmen also have two auxiliary clubs: St. Albert Kinette Club (chartered in 1967) and St. Albert K40 Club. St. Albert Kinsmen Club were responsible for chartering the Fort Saskatchewan Kinsmen (1969) and Morinville Kinsmen Club.
The Kinsmen took on the sponsorship of a Rodeo in the spring of 1965 in conjunction with St. Albert's 104th anniversary and to raise funds for service projects. The first three rodeos were rained out leading to the name Rainmaker Rodeo.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material